How to move heavy furniture?
- Do movers assemble furniture?
- Do moving companies disassemble furniture?
- How do you wrap furniture for moving?
- How to move large furniture?
- How to take apart a sleeper sofa for moving?
When it comes to moving heavy furniture, it’s important to take the proper steps and use the right tools. Whether you need to move a couch, bed frame or dresser, taking the time to plan ahead can make all the difference. With some preparation and a few simple pointers, you’ll be able to do so with ease.
- Prepare the room. First, clear out the space. Remove any items from the floor or walls that may get in the way; this includes rugs, lamps, plants and any other wall hangings that could obstruct your path.
- Gather moving supplies. It is important to begin your move with the essential items such as cardboard boxes, bubble wrap and packing tape to ensure that all of your belongings stay safe during transit. You may also need to invest in a dolly or two for heavier furniture pieces like couches or armchairs.
- Use furniture sliders. Furniture sliders make it easier to move furniture without damaging floors or walls. There are a variety of slider sizes and shapes to choose from, so you can find the perfect ones for your needs. For example, felt sliders may be better suited for wood floors, while plastic sliders may work better on tile or vinyl surfaces.
- Lift carefully. To start off, squat down and get close to the object; keep your back straight as you rise up with the load on your feet instead of your arms or shoulders. Make sure everyone involved is wearing gloves for a better grip and has good balance, so no one loses their footing during the move.
- Disassemble large furniture. Identify all the nuts and bolts that hold your items together. You may need specific tools such as a wrench or screwdriver in order to remove them. If you don’t already have these tools on hand, they are usually available at local home improvement stores.
- Reassemble at the destination. It’s important that you remember the assembly instructions for each piece. If you don’t take the time to carefully record details such as screws and bolts, it will be much harder (if not impossible) to put everything back together once you reach your new home or office. Make sure you store these instructions in a safe place so they are easy to access when needed.
- Consider hiring a moving company. Our professional movers have the skills and expertise to move heavy pieces of furniture with ease without risking injury or damaging your property. Plus, they also provide additional services such as packing and unpacking, which can save you time and effort in the long run.
What customers are saying about our furniture relocation services
My wife and I had a big move and both movers were continuously hard workers and did everything they could to achieve the client’s satisfaction. It was a long distance move and difficult job and they handled it more than well. I highly recommend Superior Mover.2022-28-06
A moving company that can be trusted. I am totally satisfied with the service provided by their team. They were incredibly attentive to my precious belongings and made a move quite a simple process.2022-27-06
Superior Mover just moved my belongings to a new apartment. They were careful, efficient, and very cordial. I will use them again without hesitation.2022-08-06
Relocation with Superior Mover was a pleasure and not a stressful experience at all. The movers arrived punctually and packed our stuff as we asked them. They were careful with our belongings. I am happy to recommend this company to everyone!2022-01-06
Hands down this сompany is the best in town. Alex and Abdi were amazing, very polite hard working people. Everything was taken care of. I’m very satisfied with their services. I would definitely use this company in the future.2022-14-05
The movers from Superior Mover worked quickly, they clearly knew what they were supposed to do and did an amazing job. They took the time to answer our questions and explain the process when we had them. If so, I’d like to say thank you very much.2022-28-06
My experience with this company was fantastic. We had a local move. They replied quickly to my quote, had good prices, and made us feel good before the move had even happened.2022-27-06
These people really care about doing a good job and practicing good customer service, which is hard to find these days. The movers arrived early, were very polite and hard working.2022-08-06
The Superior Mover is an excellent company for moving your business. Thank you so much for all of your hard work and for providing such an accurate estimate when you completed the first setup. Moving with these people is so time-saving.2022-31-05
They were awesome! They packed and moved everything very fast and the price was amazing! All our items arrived completely safe. Thank you for the hard work!2022-24-05
We recently moved from Toronto up to Vancouver and chose Superior Mover to shift our furniture and household goods. The team that arrived was friendly, professional and nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend using their service.2022-27-06
The Superior Mover team made moving a dream! Even with awkward furniture, narrow hallways and stairs they took wonderful care of our belongings. I will never stress about moving again. Thank you!2022-27-05
Moved my company to a better office. Throughout the process, they were very responsive. Pickup and delivery were quick and efficient. All items arrived without any damage. Totally recommend their services.2022-27-05
They arrived promptly, worked efficiently, and had a positive attitude the entire time. Superior Mover were great to work with! I would use them for our next move.2022-27-05
I am extremely happy with the service. The team is careful with all items we ask them to move, and even the glassware and pottery were well-protected and labeled.2022-27-05.