Terms & Conditions
Parties: This moving service Agreement (“Agreement”) is between Superior Mover (“Company”) and the customer identified under the contract and signature.
Understanding The Services: Superior Mover will provide moving services with the adequate protection needed to comply with the move. Load all items and place them in the truck safely and securely. The items will be unloaded at the new destination. Any furniture pieces that need to be disassembled will be taken care of and reassembled at the new location. Furniture will be placed in the desired direction of the customer.
Booking: Once a quote has been approved and a deposit fee has been received, the move coordinator will guide the client throughout the next following steps of their move. The movers who will be attending the job will call the client 30 minutes prior to arrival at the pick-up location on the moving day. There is a one-hour window/buffer time for bookings. Reservations are not confirmed until a deposit is received.
If the client needs to cancel the booking, the client will lose their deposit. Any cancellation on the moving process has a non-refundable deposit.
In case the client wants to stop the moving service at the moment of the moving process, before its completion – the client is responsible for payment from the moment the moving starts until the moment the movers stop working.
CUSTOMER AGREES TO
Be present on the day of the move at the arranged time of arrival.
The company has permission to move the belongings listed in the client’s household.
Have their items packed into appropriate boxes, containers and organized on the day of the move unless they requested packing services.
Personal belongings, such as money, jewelry or other expensive valuables, the value of which exceeds 1000 USD, should be kept with the customer until the company arrives at the job site.
Clear any obstacles that can interfere with the moving process.
Do not interfere in the process throughout the move, nor have any involvement with the company’s employees.
Provide a list of things that need to be transported on the day of moving and agree not to disclose any information from the service provider.
Inform the company of any expensive box with a value over $1,000 or any singular items with a cost over $1,000
Book a service elevator on the day of moving. The company shall not be held accountable for any delays and waiting time on the service elevator.
It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that everything has been loaded onto the truck at the pick-up location and to make sure that all contents have been unloaded from the truck at the drop-off location.
Our moving coordinators do their best to estimate the predicted time to complete the move; however, the quotations provided by our specialists are not guaranteed and may have a slight delay in terms of the hours required to complete the work. The customer agrees to pay the full cost of the moving service.
The hourly rate begins when the movers arrive at the job site and ends when the move has been completed. For smaller moves, there is a 3-hour minimum charge set, and the customer will be notified before proceeding with the services.
Payments shall be made on the job site after the completion of the move. The customer will receive a receipt after the billing department has received the payment. We accept payments via cash, e-transfer, debit Visa and MasterCard.
The deposit fee that was received in the booking process will be deducted from the final invoice and refunded to the client on the moving day.
If a second truck is needed to complete the move due to large quantities of items, we will provide the customer with a second truck at an additional cost.
The employees working at the job site are given a 15-minute break every 2 hours. The time spent on these breaks is included in the total number of hours worked and charged to the customer at the hourly rate.
In order to process damage claims, the full payment has to be received on the job site. In the case of a credit card chargeback, we will be seeking legal action.
There are additional costs associated with moving appliances, gym equipment, pianos and items that are not household goods. The client will be notified before proceeding with the booking to prevent unexpected charges on the day of the move.
The full payment for the job shall be received after the completion of the move. If the movers suspect any upcoming payment problems on the job site, they will forward it to the billing department, and we will collect payment an hour before the completion of the move.
A consequence of a non-payment can lead to 15% of interest annually.
A consequence of a non-payment can lead to transporting the customer’s goods to a storage facility until payment has been made.
After approving an estimate and sending in a deposit fee, the customer agrees to the company’s liabilities for damages costs.
- The carrier shall confirm a date for pickup only upon receiving a non-refundable deposit of the estimated fee from the shipper.
- The liability of the carrier for loss or damage to the shipment shall be limited to 60 cents per pound per article.
- The carrier shall not be liable for loss or damage to any item with a value in excess of $100 unless the shipper has declared the item’s value and has paid the additional charges in relation thereto.
- The carrier shall not be liable for damage to items that have not been packed by the carrier, i.e. items packed by or for the shipper by a third person or items in their original packaging. The carrier may make blankets or other wrappings available to the shipper for unpacked items without any liability.
- The carrier shall not be liable for damage to furniture or other items manufactured from pressboard, particleboard or engineered wood unless dismantled before pickup.
- The carrier is not liable for damage to any mechanism, motor, engine, structure or workings contained within an article consigned to it.
- The carrier shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the shipment unless the shipper signs both a pickup and delivery slip.
- The following shall be considered as additional services and shall entail additional charges: packing, unpacking, crating, walk-ups, carrying loads more than 100 feet from the truck, rental equipment, pickups or deliveries at more than one location, pickups or deliveries off main thoroughfares or paved roads, and storage of goods.
- Any change by the shipper to the Moving Contract must be made in writing and received by the shipper within two days of the original date. Failure to do so may result in additional fees charged to the shipper for any extra storage, handling and travel.
- It is the shipper’s obligation to supply the carrier with the necessary documentation for shipments. The carrier is not responsible for any delay or loss of any nature occasioned by the laws and regulations. The carrier shall charge additional fees for additional storage, handling, duties, waiting time or other expenses incurred or occasioned when delivering the shipment.
- The shipper is responsible for all tickets, fines, towing charges and other expenses for illegal parking if the carrier must park its truck in an illegal position or location to carry out the pickup or delivery. The carrier is not liable for damage to driveways, sidewalks, lawns or gardens that may result from the parking of its truck or the delivery of the shipment.
- Notwithstanding any law or regulation to the contrary, the carrier may, without notice, sell or otherwise dispose of any stored items if the shipper is more than 90 days late in payment of all or any part of the storage fees. The carrier shall apply the proceeds thus obtained, if any, first in the reduction of its legal fees and other expenses incurred in the disposal of the stored items.
- Any claim, action or litigation arising out of or in relation to this Contract shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and must be brought before the court of Ontario or the Superior Court of Ontario in the judicial district of Toronto.
We are not responsible for failing to perform our obligations or for any loss to you under this Maintenance Plan Guide and Agreement if we are prevented from doing so by events or circumstances beyond our control.
Time limit for claims: The customer must notify the company of any damages within the following 3 days after the move. If the company is notified later than this, an investigation case will be opened to prepare a final response.
Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and the Guarantor hereby irrevocably attorneys to the jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
The customer agrees and accepts all terms of the contract between both parties. These terms are included in every service provided by the company to its clients. Only a company owner or partner has the power to change the terms and conditions of this contract. We are not responsible for any other promise or representation. By sending the deposit fee and clicking “Approve” to the estimate/agreement, and signing the on-site contract, the client agrees to the terms and conditions.