How to move a piano?
- Can you move a piano yourself?
- How do you move a grand piano?
- How many people does it take to move a piano?
- How much does it cost to move a piano?
- How to move a piano safely?
- How to move a spinet piano?
- How to move an upright piano with a dolly?
Relocating a piano requires proper planning and the right supplies. It is essential to take your time and follow the appropriate steps to ensure a safe move. With these tips in hand, you can make sure that moving day goes as smoothly as possible without any damage or harm done to your piano!
- Preparation: supplies & tools. Gather all of the necessary supplies, such as moving blankets, furniture straps, dollies, hand trucks and others. Moving blankets are essential for protecting the piano during transport. Furniture straps provide additional stability when lifting large items like pianos; using them properly can help prevent an accident from happening. Dollies and hand trucks can be used to safely lift heavier objects without straining your back.
- Disassembling the piano. In order to ensure that a piano is well-prepared for disassembly, begin by looking at all of its parts. For example, if there are any removable legs or casters on the body of the piano, they should be taken off first before attempting any other steps.
- Packing the piano. Before packing a piano for transport, you need to secure all loose parts, such as pedals and stands. If possible, wrap each part individually in bubble wrap or another cushioning material for extra protection during transit.
- Lifting and transporting. It’s important to find someone with expertise when lifting and transporting a piano. Our expert piano movers will have the necessary tools to safely lift and secure your instrument for transport. With correct techniques like using sliders on carpeted surfaces, smart loading locations, pads for protection from scratches or dents, and proper weight distribution, your instrument can be moved without the worry of damage.
- Reassembling the piano. Locate all the components of the instrument, such as pedals, keys, dampers, hammers, strings and other pieces. Next, you should attach each part to its respective place on the frame of the piano using screws or other fasteners. After all parts have been put back together correctly, you must also make sure that all tuning pins are properly tightened.
What people are saying about our piano transport service
My wife and I had a big move and both movers were continuously hard workers and did everything they could to achieve the client’s satisfaction. It was a long distance move and difficult job and they handled it more than well. I highly recommend Superior Mover.2022-28-06
A moving company that can be trusted. I am totally satisfied with the service provided by their team. They were incredibly attentive to my precious belongings and made a move quite a simple process.2022-27-06
Superior Mover just moved my belongings to a new apartment. They were careful, efficient, and very cordial. I will use them again without hesitation.2022-08-06
Relocation with Superior Mover was a pleasure and not a stressful experience at all. The movers arrived punctually and packed our stuff as we asked them. They were careful with our belongings. I am happy to recommend this company to everyone!2022-01-06
Hands down this сompany is the best in town. Alex and Abdi were amazing, very polite hard working people. Everything was taken care of. I’m very satisfied with their services. I would definitely use this company in the future.2022-14-05
The movers from Superior Mover worked quickly, they clearly knew what they were supposed to do and did an amazing job. They took the time to answer our questions and explain the process when we had them. If so, I’d like to say thank you very much.2022-28-06
My experience with this company was fantastic. We had a local move. They replied quickly to my quote, had good prices, and made us feel good before the move had even happened.2022-27-06
These people really care about doing a good job and practicing good customer service, which is hard to find these days. The movers arrived early, were very polite and hard working.2022-08-06
The Superior Mover is an excellent company for moving your business. Thank you so much for all of your hard work and for providing such an accurate estimate when you completed the first setup. Moving with these people is so time-saving.2022-31-05
They were awesome! They packed and moved everything very fast and the price was amazing! All our items arrived completely safe. Thank you for the hard work!2022-24-05
We recently moved from Toronto up to Vancouver and chose Superior Mover to shift our furniture and household goods. The team that arrived was friendly, professional and nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend using their service.2022-27-06
The Superior Mover team made moving a dream! Even with awkward furniture, narrow hallways and stairs they took wonderful care of our belongings. I will never stress about moving again. Thank you!2022-27-05
Moved my company to a better office. Throughout the process, they were very responsive. Pickup and delivery were quick and efficient. All items arrived without any damage. Totally recommend their services.2022-27-05
They arrived promptly, worked efficiently, and had a positive attitude the entire time. Superior Mover were great to work with! I would use them for our next move.2022-27-05
I am extremely happy with the service. The team is careful with all items we ask them to move, and even the glassware and pottery were well-protected and labeled.2022-27-05.